Lapis Lazuli Rings
Why wear a lapis lazuli ring?
This ultramarine blue stone is a recognizable jewel among all even if it should not be confused with the sapphire. A stone of lithotherapy and spirituality since Ancient Egypt, it is said to have many magical powers. This pearl worn on a jewel relieves indeed the psychic evils and the physical disorders of various orders.
Lapis lazuli properties
Lapis lazuli is one of the jewels that we wear to be more serene in our daily lives, to ward off anxieties and fears, and sometimes even to treat ailments. The blue stone has indeed the property to soothe respiratory sufferings, migraines, or stomach aches. Burns and irritations of the larynx are also alleviated by the presence of lapislazuli, as well as asthma.
Emotional stabilizer, the lapis lazuli jewelry are also conducive to clairvoyance, literally and figuratively. Vision will become clearer and decision making will be more efficient thanks to better discernment and increased concentration.
Find all the properties of lapis lazuli in lithotherapy on our blog
What size lapis lazuli stone to choose ?
The diameter of a natural gemstone on a piece of jewelry is not necessarily due to chance or aesthetics, although the size of your hands or fingers plays a role in this choice.
It is believed that a small stone is more associated with a shy or withdrawn person, while a large stone is more in harmony with someone showing a certain self-confidence and self-esteem.
On which finger should I wear a ring?
The fingers of a right or left hand each have a meaning. Many are those who are attached to this very old meaning to wear their jewelry.
- The thumb : It indicates creativity as well as sexual desire. In fact, we readily associate the fact of wearing a ring on the right thumb with a homosexual orientation, while the left thumb would be more synonymous with creativity and security (like children who wear it in their mouth and suck it to reassure themselves!).
- The index finger represents power, even royal power! It is indeed on this finger that the big gems were worn by the nobles and the powerful of this world. If you have a ring on your index finger, it means that you ignore authority...because you are the authority! Or, you are at least very independent.
- The middle finger is very sexually and aggressively connoted since it is with it that one makes obscene and vulgar gestures. Wearing a jewel on this finger can mean that you are very free sexually speaking or that you want to draw attention to yourself.
- The ring finger is very often linked to the wedding ring of two people, thus to engagement and marriage. By tradition, we wear a ring on the left ring finger for this reason. It is common in some countries to wear the gemstone jewel on the other hand, but the left hand has always been privileged because at the time when almost everyone had a manual job (with the right hand for the majority), we did not want to feel embarrassed with a big stone.
- The little finger is the most popular finger among Anglo-Saxons to symbolize marriage but also social rank. The nobility and intellectuals love to wear their jewelry on this finger in our British neighbors for example!
How to remove a ring that is too tight or too small?
It can happen that with time the fingers swell, especially in hot weather, and that it is difficult to remove your precious jewel.
The most common methods are the use of grease or lubricants such as Vaseline, dishwashing liquid, soapy water, or butter. However, be careful not to use anything too chemical so as not to damage your lapis lazuli stone.
Another way to loosen a ring is to raise your arm and point your hand and fingers upward for a few minutes to simply reverse the blood flow and deflate the fingers.
How to measure the size of a ring?
To know the size of your finger, there is nothing like a paper or plastic ring gauge that many jewelry stores offer before buying. But it is possible to measure your fingers to get the right size by going around them with a tape measure or a piece of string to measure the circumference.
Don't forget to always take a ring size larger than the one you are used to, just to be safe, if you are not sure or if you are between two sizes of finger circumference. This is especially true if you have fingers that tend to swell during the summer.
Use of your data
We and our partners process your personal data using technology such as cookies in order to serve advertising, analyse our traffic and deliver customised experiences for you. You have choice in who uses your data and for what purposes and after setting your preferences may come back anytime to make changes.